“By faith, the walls of Jericho fell down…”
— Hebrews 11:30
Librarian Syd Murphy flees the carnage of a failed marriage by accepting an 18-month position in Jericho; a small town located in the Appalachian Mountains of Virginia. Intending to hide out and heal her wounds, she soon becomes drawn into the daily lives of a quirky cast of local characters, and she becomes fast friends with Maddie Stevenson, the enigmatic local physician who has returned to the backcountry community to take over her late father’s medical practice.
Awards & Honors:
- Awarded the 2012 Alice B. Lavender Certificate for Outstanding Debut Novel.
- Awarded the 2011 Lesbian Fiction Reader’s Choice Awards for Favorite Romance Book.
- Awarded the 2011 Lesbian Fiction Reader’s Choice Awards fo Favorite General Fiction Book.
- Awarded 2012 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention for Best Lesbian Contemporary Fiction.
- Awarded 2012 Rainbow Award for Best Lesbian Debut Novel.
- Short listed for the Golden Crown Literary Society 2012 Ann Bannon Award.
- Named #69 on Autostraddle’s “100 Best Lesbian Fiction & Memoir Books of All Time”.
- Was The Atheneum’s #7 Story of 2011.
Read reviews from:
The Lesbian Review, The Lesbian Reading Room, The Rainbow Reader, Jae’s Fiction, CAB’s European Adventures, Shelly’s LGBT Book Review Blog, F/F Fan Fiction Reader’s Corner, Hannah’s Nook, Good Lesbian Books, Autostraddle.
Or listen as she’s interviewed with Cheri the Rev in a memorable episode of The Cocktail Hour.
Publication Date: December 2017 by Bywater Books (originally published in 2011 by Nuance Books, a division of Bedazzled Ink Publishing Company, Fairfield, California)
Distributed to the trade by Consortium Book Sales and Distribution
Available from your local retailer, online and independent booksellers
Jericho is also available in the following formats:
Audiobook via Audible.com and Amazon.com
MP3 CD via Amazon.com